Replies

• Wifi is all over the building.  In the library, we have a desktop computer for librarians' use, but also an chromebook set up on a stand built by one of our members, which is available for patron use.  We always have our catalog pulled up on it so they can search.  It doesn't get used a ton, but enough that we're glad to have it.  And honestly, I myself use it sometimes if I'm helping someone or doing some other work while another librarian is processing books at the desk.

• Our church is in a predominantly pension village at the coast. Most of the congregation are 60 and older, almost none use Internet or even have a computer.  Only the church secretary and minister have Internet and then just for emails and sermon research.

Many have smart phones but have no idea how to use them or want to use them for Internet as it is an unknown world to them.  The gentleman who helps me with the library whipped out his diary to make an appointment and was surprised when I told him his smart phone had an application to replace that.  He did not know what an app was. Ha  - so no, we do not have Internet for the congregation.

Blessings Gwanny D'
    Scottburgh, South Africa

• Our church has free wifi access in most areas of the church including the library. We have limited seating in the library, and rarely see anyone sitting down using a mobile device. The only patron desktop computer that we have is at a standing station, so we limit it to catalog searching. Most of our members use other comfortable seating areas in the church for accessing the Internet.

• Our church has internet access not only in the library but throughout all the church buildings. I don't know how often it is used, but I think it is fairly commonplace that most public and college libraries have free internet access, at least here in California.

This reply was deleted.