Take a tour through our pages to get acquainted with what is available on the Church Librarians Network.
As with all websites, if the typesize is too large or too small on our screen, zoom your view to the size you prefer. You will find the zoom tool by clicking on your internet brower settings above the Church Librarians Network.
The Header Tabs
Explore all our pages by clicking on the red tabs across the top of the page. The tabs (those listed below) feature a drop-down “What is” tab to explain it.
Be sure to check out these pages:
The Circle is a the place to share our experiences and our ideas.
Q&A is full of questions and responses from hundreds of church librarians through the years. Here's the place to post your questions!
Our Journeys is a place where members can keep a journal about their library ministries. Feel free to start your journal with a background post sharing a brief history of your library ministry. Then update with new postings in the comment section to share what’s currently happening through your library ministry. For instructions, go to "What is Our Journeys" by hovering your cursor on the tab "What is Our Journeys".
Articles is a great platform for sharing articles pertaining to church ministry which can be read online or downloaded to print. For instructions, go to "What is Articles" by hovering your cursor on the tab "Articles".
Resources is the place to share titles and information about resources for church librarians to help us carry out our ministry. And these resources include tools for church members to carry out their ministries. You are invited to add resources that you find helpful.
Let's Read is a new gathering place for those who love books and like to share them with others. That book you couldn’t put down? Tell us about it! Looking for a good biography? An inspiring book on prayer? Ask fellow members for suggestions. The more we share the better! Feel free to insert the book cover. For instructions, go to "What is Let's Read" by hovering your cursor on the tab "Let's Read". Remember to consider each recommendation through the lens of your church library selection policy.
EQUIP (Equipping Church Librarians for Ministry) is a process for us to become librarians, to develop library skills, and to understand and apply library ministry actions.These application type courses can be used individually or as a team.
Events page is a great place to share information about events for church librarians.
Photos & Videos are a collection of photos taken by our members of their church/synagogues' libraries. The videos include training sessions for church librarians.
To add a post to any of our pages, follow these steps:
- Click on the tab you want to add a post.
- Click on the red box below the tabs to the right of the page to open a form to fill out for your post.
- When you complete the form, click on Save and Publish.
- If you see a need to edit your post, click on the red box with a pen in the middle that is now on the top right of the page.
To Post Pictures or Videos
- Open your pictures on your computer.
- Select the picture you want to post on the CLN then click on Open.
- Title the picture and explain it if you wish. You can add tags if you wish.
- Then click on Save and Publish.
Each CLN member has a personal page called My Page. Here you can create your own profile by selecting Options in the upper right corner. Let others get to know you better by uploading your profile photograph and a cover photo as well.
Simply click on Options then Edit Profile to complete or update your information:
- Full Name
- Full Page Privacy options
- Zip Code
- City, State
- Your CLN URL
Click on Options then Upload Profile Photo. We would love for you to share a personal photograph so that we can put a name with your face! Otherwise, the CLN logo will appear in place of a photograph and where’s the fun in that? Share your picture and let’s all get better acquainted!
Click on Options then Upload Cover Photo. This photo will go across the header of your My Page. Feel free to share a favorite photograph, a picture of your library or your library team, a snapshot of a beloved book, or those lovely flowers from your garden. Have some fun! Helpful tip: select a photograph in the landscape format (wider than tall) for better display.
On the Edit Profile, click on the Email box. This new feature gives you all kinds of options regarding your delivery and frequency preferences of your CLN email.
The modules on your My Page show all of your activities on the CLN. Here you can easily find your previous blog posts, events, photos, and videos.
The following links are located at the top of all CLN pages on the right-hand side in the top black border:
- Friend Requests
- Your CLN Messages Inbox
- Invite Contacts (new members to the CLN)
- Your Name (linked to your My Page)
- Sign Out/Sign In
Things to Know
- On each page, direct links to other pages are lettered in red.
- The chat feature is still located in the gray bar on the bottom right-hand side of your screen. A pop up screen enables you to invite other CLN members for a chat. If they are currently online on the CLN, they should hear the notification alert tone and easily find your chat.
- Pardon our inconvenience! We are still under construction on several of our pages as we continue to add content from our previous website. We appreciate your understanding.
As you have questions or suggestions, or need help finding something, email us! Administrator Morlee Maynard receives these emails and will respond as soon as possible.
Email us at: email@example.com