See attached Participant Guide to the March 30 webinar by Alabama Baptist Convention. Click here.
Click here for the webinar recording.
Principle 2: Disciples are made in groups
- Disciples need to be involved in more than preaching and listening. That includes doing life together in small groups. The idea here is to move people out of rows and into circles.(Growing Up: How to Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples by Robby Gallaty, p. 25)
- Lifeway Research: 63% of believers say they do not need other believers.
- 73% of people in groups use their spiritual gifts to serve in their churches. Only 42% who are not in groups serve in their churches.
- 60% pray more than others when they are members of a group while 30% of the non-group people pray on a regular basis.
- The “worship-only” people are gone from a church in 5 years.
Perhaps our libraries have ways of reaching the 63% of adults who responded that they do not need other believers.
You will find Principle 2 on the guide at III. on the outline.
Join our discussion about ways to reach those in our churches who are not participating in groups for whatever reason.