Church Library Ministry Classification & Subject Cataloging
CHURCH LIBRARY MINISTRY PROCESSING:
- READ/CONFERENCE: Read the following and/or participate in a conference on processing media: Church Library Ministry Information Service(pgs 102-116).
- INTERVIEW/VISIT visit at least one active church library and your local public library to acquire up-to-date processing ideas for all types of media (print and audiovisual).
- DEVELOP a procedures manual for the Library Team, present and future, with detailed instructions/steps for processing both print and audiovisual materials.
- IMPLEMENT: Give each library team member a copy of the procedures manual, plus have a master copy in the work area. Processing duties should be divided among the members of the team. Plan training sessions for new team members using the procedures manual.
- EVALUATE: Review all details of the procedures manual to make sure every step is consistent with the overall process. When you complete your evaluation and make the necessary changes in the procedure, share how changes in the processing procedures are helping the library on the CLN's The Circle.