Church Library Ministry Administration
CHURCH LIBRARY MINISTRY PLANNING AND BUDGETING:
- READ/CONFERENCE: Read pages 25-27; 28-31; 42-44 on planning and budget in the Church Library Ministry Information Service AND/OR participate in a conference including planning and budgeting.
- INTERVIEW a member of the budget/financial committee and/or the minister overseeing the library ministry. Discuss the budget needs, how the library will support the overall ministry of the church, and the annual church budgeting process.
- DEVELOP, with your team, goals and actions for the next year. With those plans, craft a line item budget using the budget planning worksheet (p. 42, Church Library Ministry Information Service) and your budget tracking record as a guide to fit with the church’s budgeting procedure.
- IMPLEMENT your budget by presenting it to your church for approval according to your church’s budget procedures.
- EVALUATE the budget after 2-3 months with your team and share any concerns you have regarding the budget with a representative of the finance committee. Please share your experience with the CLN.