I've posted a similar question last year, and got a few responses.

I'm just trying to gauge how many of us are paid.  If you feel comfortable, would you please let me know if you are paid or not. I'm not looking for any specifics, just looking for the precedence of paid church librarians.

Thank you all so much.

Sharln Chapman

Hayes Barton Baptist Church

Raleigh, NC

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Question

Sharin, the librarian position at our church has never been a paid position.  I have been the librarian for 12 years now, love it, and count it as my ministry for God to the church.

The position at our church is paid full time.

All volunteer hours here. 

I have volunteered in the Church Library for almost 40 years.

I've never gotten paid and don't expect too, either.

This goes for the rest of us who also volunteer.

Not

I have been librarian for my church 1 year now.  Am still teaching myself how to do lib.  work so I am not paid.  It is fun though

Our church library operates entirely as a volunteer library.  It is a magnificent ministry opportunity.  Those who work either along side me or in the background, I believe would agree. 

Not paid.  

Our church was blessed with a large gift for the use of our library.  Up to that point I was a volunteer at 10 hours a week.  The board moved immediately to move it to a pay position.   Still 10 hours a week but I do morebat home on my own time.

I get a small stipend, $50, monthly.  This is the best job I've ever had.  I'd even pay to work here!!!!

I’m unpaid and have no other person helping me. Sometimes I put in 40 plus hours a week others only 24 which includes work I do at home for it.

All volunteer.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Our Sponsors -- Click Through Here

Our Affiliates--Support the CLN by Clicking Through Here

Members

© 2019   Created by Morlee Maynard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service