What is a good way to catalog Video conference Materials. The one I am working with is a set of 5 DVDs in a case.
1. Assign an Accession number, call number (DD), and subjects.
2, Make a separate check out card for each video.
3. Assign a number on each video check out card, i.e. 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, 4 of 5, 5 of 5.
4. I make a small box to hold the whole set and file on the video shelf according to the DD number.
5, On the side of the box facing outward on the shelf, I put a label which says:
Conference Title and Date
Videos 1 - 5
6. I put each video in a sleeve and on the sleeve I have a date due slip.
7. On the video itself, I place a label with the Call Number, Accession number, and copy number.
I think that is all I do, but I am writing from memory since I am home and don't have my manual with me. I don't always use the case the media comes in unless the media is one that can only be checked out for group bible studies. I hope this helps.
Dee, is you have figured out an answer to your question, I would really appreciate you sharing it with me.
I could not find anything to exactly match conference materials. The DD number for libraries is 020 and the a "K" is used to indicated a kit. With this in mind, I would give it the number of K020, with two subject headings of Library Conference Materials and DVD.
I may be totally off the mark, but I would be comfortable using this in our library.